Re-platforming proprietary data to Teradata - URGENT!

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Re-platforming proprietary data to Teradata - URGENT!

Post by chulett »

Ah... you will be whacked for use of the 'U' word, and in all caps in the subject at that. :cry:

Please explain this little snippet from your post:
throbinson wrote:The job must run real time
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
throbinson
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by throbinson »

Good catch!

The source system is available for upload in approximately 1-4 hour windows throughout the day. The power supply is cached and requires a refresh at these intervals for about an hour I would guess. I haven't had time to benchmark this since the source system arrived only yesterday.

Brevis esse latoro obscurus fio.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sorry, but I don't speak French.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Do these managers have pointy hair, by any chance? How big are the rows? Can TPump, running standalone, achieve these benchmarks? (If not, then clearly DataStage driving TPump will not be able to. Don't sign up for anything doomed to failure - push back against unrealisitic demands - the more acceptable term for this is "expectation management".) Make your own benchmark, using two-byte rows, just to illustrate how pointless their requirement is.

Can't you convince them that MultiLoad sounds cool too?

You certainly seem to have enough AMPs, provided they're not being used for other things.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rwierdsm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rwierdsm »

Having just delivered an app using TPump as the load utility, I can assure you that TPump WILL NOT be the fastest solution. TPump's purpose is essentially to allow trickle feeds. We used TPump for our lower volume tables (to satisfy the pointy haired boss's requirement for 'cool') and used MLoad for the heavy lifting.

Rob
Rob Wierdsma
Toronto, Canada
bartonbishop.com
throbinson
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by throbinson »

Well played. I give.