Install Ascential ProfileStage(and AuditStage) on IBM s390

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

sairamkrish
Participant

Install Ascential ProfileStage(and AuditStage) on IBM s390

Post by sairamkrish »

hi
We have a requirement in our project where we need to install Ascential ProfileStage (and Ascential AuditStage) on s390. Is this possible? Has anyone out there done this before?
Thanks in advance,
Regds,
Krishna
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

No it's not possible. Only datastage mvs can run jobs on 390 and only DataStage Enterprise can run jobs on Unix System Services on 390. I wouldn't want to install it on 390. I think a dedicated profiling server is far more effective and if your company charges internally for mainframe processing time it will be a fraction of the cost.
sairamkrish
Participant

Running AuditStage and ProfileStage against DB2 on mainframe

Post by sairamkrish »

hi, thanks very much for that piece of info. It was giving us sleepless nights!
In our project,
we need to run audit stage and profile stage against DB2 tables which can potentially grow
upto 65 GB (db2 is installed on mainframes, s390).
We have installed Audit and Profile Stage tools on our windows desktops(256 mb, P4 processors
40 GB harddisk space machines) and connect to the db2 database. Do u think these low end machines
will support such an exercise?
Thanks in advance,
vmcburney wrote:No it's not possible. Only datastage mvs can run jobs on 390 and only DataStage Enterprise can run jobs on Unix System Services on 390. I wouldn't want to install it on 390. I think a dedicated profiling server is far more effective and if your company charges internally for mainframe processing time it will be a fraction of the cost.