Cannot see table

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

truenorth
Participant

Cannot see table

Post by truenorth »

I have a brand new table that was not visible to IA. So I imported the metadata: identified levels, then imported. When I go to Column Analysis, the table is not in the list. Yet it is visible in Metadata Management. I can even see sample data.

What did I miss? The documentation has very little step-by-step instructions.

What are the basic steps to add new tables so they're visible in IA? Can this be set automatically, so that any new table in a schema that is already connected in IA just appears in the list?

Thanks in advance.
Todd Ramirez
Sr Consultant, Data Quality
San Antonio TX
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not only do you need to import the table metadata (which you have done) you also have to register interest in analyzing that table in the project in which you want to perform the analysis. I believe it's this step that you have missed.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
truenorth
Participant

Post by truenorth »

Thanks for that, Ray, I was able to add the tables and they're visible in Column Analysis now. The convoluted IA interface is long overdue for a major overhaul! Just about everything is hard to find.
Todd Ramirez
Sr Consultant, Data Quality
San Antonio TX