Unable to connect to IADB from IA Engine

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

mehimadri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Unable to connect to IADB from IA Engine

Post by mehimadri »

Hello Friends-

I am trying to configure the Console Tool for Information Analyzer. The IADB is on DB2 v10.1 and I have created a System DSN with the driver: IBM DB2 ODBC DRIVER which was installed while installing the InfoSphere Suite v9.1.

Now when I login into Console and go to Configuration -> Analysis Settings. When I click on Analysis Database Tab, I get this error:
Analysis Connector Error: The selected DSN has been removed. Please select a valid DSN.

Then Analysis DSN ODBC dropdown is all empty.

The ASB Agent is up and running and I think the fault lies with the ODBC driver in use here, but I do not know how to move ahead.

Thanks!
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

Hi,

If you are indeed on Windows, did you create a System (not user) DSN? Second most common: Did you use the 32bit ODBC Driver Manager at C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe?
Regards,
Robert
mehimadri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mehimadri »

Yes Robert - You are absolutely correct. Once I created the IADB DSN using the 32 bit ODBC Administrator I could see it was loaded in the Analysis Database ODBC DSN dropdown.

However since I had installed the 64 bit InfoSphere Information Server suite, I fail to understand why the application is expecting 32 bit DSNs only.
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

According to the Information Server System Requirements at http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg27036191, Information Server for Windows bitness is
64-Tolerate - The product or part of the product runs as a 32-bit application in a 64-bit operating environment.
Regards,
Robert
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

According to the Information Server System Requirements at http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg27036191, Information Server for Windows bitness is
64-Tolerate - The product or part of the product runs as a 32-bit application in a 64-bit operating environment.
Regards,
Robert