Result of information analyzer can be shares?

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Gelter Vasconcelos
Participant

Result of information analyzer can be shares?

Post by Gelter Vasconcelos »

Hello,

I'm studying Infosphere information analyzer to see if I could use it in my project.

Someone knows;
if the result of analysis of information is stored in somewhere?
Case yes, can I access analysis history? For exemple, I'd like see the analysis made 3 months ago, can I?

The result stored could be access by another tool? For exemple, I could access the result by Microstrategy for generate new reports?

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

Analysis results can be "published", which means they can be placed into the common metadata repository and accessed by other tools in the suite such as DataStage.

To make analysis results available to other tools you can either read directly from the analysis database (for raw results, but no notes, etc.) or you could create reports from within Information Analyzer or, perhaps, Metadata Workbench.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

You can also use the Command Line/HTTP API to retrieve information. Not sure what release you are on, but here is the information for the current version: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/iisin ... intro.html
Regards,
Robert
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

You can also use the Command Line/HTTP API to retrieve information. Not sure what release you are on, but here is the information for the current version: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/iisin ... intro.html
Regards,
Robert
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

API works fine, but doesn't give you everything you can see in the UI or various IA reports.

Top level summary results (-getColumnAnalysisResult) is ok but only gives you the latest run.

The record-level column analysis (-getFrequencyDistribution) results are limited to value, frequency and percentage (according to the doco, but I haven't seen it returned).

The summary type reports, like quintiles, data type, data length distributions, etc also aren't available from the API. You could generate them if the FD report had all of the other stuff...