How to export IA pdf report from command line

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

xinhuang66
Participant

How to export IA pdf report from command line

Post by xinhuang66 »

I have created some reports inside IA based on their templates.

Just want to know if it is possible to export these reports from command line ?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I don't believe it is possible.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

Take a look at iaJob here.

You use -lreports to get the identifier, and then -runReport to run that identifier. The report identifier, I believe, will not change once created.

Note that the documentation may say -runReports, but the actual command is without the trailing s...
Regards,
Robert
xinhuang66
Participant

Post by xinhuang66 »

Based on my research, I believe it is not possible either.

But https interface can help to dump column analysis and FD, that might be enought.

Thanks
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

Depends what you mean.

If you want to use a command line to call a report you have already created (ie: you're reporting on known sources in the same way), then iaJob is the way you can do it, as Robert said.

If you want to make a more dynamic call for a report (ie: you want to define what you want reported on or the options at the time of the call), then you are currently out of luck, as you have seen.

If you want to use the HTTP API or IAadmin, you can use -getColumnAnalysis to get the summary results well enough, but -getFrequencyDistribution only gets you the value and frequency/percentage. Not enough to derive a lot of the other types of IA reports that you can get.
You also can't get comments entered against the tables or columns.