Analysis Connector setting dropdown value is empty

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

egsalayon
Participant

Analysis Connector setting dropdown value is empty

Post by egsalayon »

Hi All,

I am receiving errors like "Router is not enabled" or "Agent connection error" when running data rules or column analysis. When I checked the Analysis setting tab, I noticed that the Analysis connector setting has no value. I tried setting it to a value 'iadb' which is the previous value, but no to avail, since you just need to select the value from the drop down and it displays no value.

Has anyone encountered this and made a resolution?

Many thanks,
eric
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

Hi Eric,

As posted on developeworks:

It appears that you are on a Windows only install of Information Analyzer. Are all tiers installed on this one machine, or are they spread out over multiple machines?

If one one machine, can you verify that ODBC source 'iada' is a **System** DSN?
Regards,
Robert
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

Eric confirmed a **system** dsn. I then asked:

Ok - next thought - are you running on Windows 7 64 bit? If so, you need to set up your ODBC driver using the 32bit ODBC driver manager at C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe.
Regards,
Robert
egsalayon
Participant

Post by egsalayon »

rjdickson wrote:Eric confirmed a **system** dsn. I then asked:

Ok - next thought - are you running on Windows 7 64 bit? If so, you need to set up your ODBC driver using the 32bit ODBC driver manager at C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe.
Hi Robert,

I am running on a Windows 2003 server 32 bit. Previously, it was working. Just 3 days ago when I started to see some errors and just this morning that I noticed that the Analysis connector setting has no value. And when I tried to setting it to value 'iadb', the drop down displays nothing...

--
eric
egsalayon
Participant

Post by egsalayon »

rjdickson wrote:Eric confirmed a **system** dsn. I then asked:

Hi Robert,

I am running on a Windows 2003 server 32 bit. Previously, it was working. Just 3 days ago when I started to see some errors and just this morning that I noticed that the Analysis connector setting has no value. And when I tried to setting it to value 'iadb', the drop down displays nothing...

--
eric
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

You need to go and find the IADB ODBC entry and verify that it is there and it is working. Usually this goes missing if someone plays around with ODBC settings or if there is a mixup between the 32 bit and 64 bit Windows ODBC managers. If IADB is in your system ODBC list then it should turn up in IA.
egsalayon
Participant

Post by egsalayon »

vmcburney wrote:You need to go and find the IADB ODBC entry and verify that it is there and it is working. Usually this goes missing if someone plays around with ODBC settings or if there is a mixup between the 32 bit and 64 bit Windows ODBC managers. If IADB is in your system ODBC list then it should turn up in IA.
Hi,
Thanks fo the reply.
I already verified that the IADB odbc dsn is working before posting here. Also I am sure that my OS is 32 bit not 64, also it is automatically generated by the installation. It was working before then all of a sudden I cannot run column analysis and data rules.

best regards,
eric
Last edited by egsalayon on Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

Hi Eric,

I had a thought - a wild one, but let's see....

Please check to see if the passwords have expired on your users (db2admin, isadmin, iauser, xmeta, or whatever you named them). Mine are set to 'Password never expires'...
Regards,
Robert