Cannot choose a data class

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

vmcburney
Participant

Cannot choose a data class

Post by vmcburney »

I am having a problem reviewing and approving column analysis results due to missing data classes. In all my column profiling results on the Data Class tab the drop down combo box for "Selected" data class is empty. There is an asterisk against it indicating it is mandatory - I have to choose a data class - but there are no data classes showing up in the list so I cannot select any. I have a list of Data Class showing up in the Metadata Management - Data Classes form but the do not seem to be showing up in the Column Analysis section.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

A mystery. I presume this is version 8.7. If you create user-defined data classes do they show up?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

No, I created a new Data Class and a new User Class and still nothing shows up. It is messing up my column analysis as it keeps asking me to save and then will not let me save because something is invalid. Looks like a PMR.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I think so. I'm on a non-IA 8.5 site at the moment.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

vmcburney wrote:No, I created a new Data Class and a new User Class and still nothing shows up. It is messing up my column analysis as it keeps asking me to save and then will not let me save because something is invalid. Looks like a PMR.
The Data/Sub/User classes are all stored in the same table (as of 8.5, anyway), so that's fair enough.
Is there anything in the logs that might look like a failure to read the table when you open the tab?

The default value for the selected data class is already there in the column analysis properties table.