Store Type is disabled in Information Analyzer 8.7

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Madhumitha_Raghunathan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Store Type is disabled in Information Analyzer 8.7

Post by Madhumitha_Raghunathan »

Hi,

I setup a datafile as a source in Information analyzer 8.1 and was able to read the file and do my analysis. I used Data file as the Source Type during configuration.

However the same thing is not working in Information Analyzer 8.7. The Store Type drop down is disabled and I am not able to select anything but Database. But whe I proceeded with the same option, I was able to import metadata but not able to view the sample data. It is generating an error message saying Database could not be found.

I would be grateful if anyone could help out.

Thanks,
Madhumitha
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

I believe the store type drop down is normally disabled and is populated based on your connector type.

What kind of connection are you creating? Is it ODBC/Text file? Are you able to connect to that source using another method?

It might also help if you posted the exact error message...
Regards,
Robert
Madhumitha_Raghunathan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Hi Robert,

I created an Text Database entry in .odbc.ini and QETXT.INI. Is there another way I can try connecting directly to a file?

Also the "Identify Flat file" option in the Import Metadata page is not enabled.

I dont have access to the error message right now. I will post it as soon as i get the exact error message. But it was to the effect that either the database is not available or the agent is not running. But we checked the agent and it is running fine.
Thanks,
Madhumitha
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

The QETXT.INI is populated by the 'Identify Flat File' option, so you can skip that.

It sounds like you missed a few configuration points. Please look at this link.

The link is for 8.5 because the 8.7 info center needed indexing and I did not want to wait :) The instructions are identical between 8.5 and 8.7. Pay special attention to the 'Testing' at the end - this will ensure that you have a good connection.
Regards,
Robert
Madhumitha_Raghunathan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Looks like the "Data File" option has been disabled in 8.7. The configuration was fine.

However when I placed the data file in the same location as the QETXT.INI file it worked. But in 8.1 we were able to connect to files in different directories but in 8.7 looks like it is not possible.
Thanks,
Madhumitha
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

The directory should be a driver option, but at least you have it working when putting the file in the same directory as QETXT.INI.
Regards,
Robert