IA reporting with SQL

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

pk7
Participant

IA reporting with SQL

Post by pk7 »

Can anyone suggest a SQL statement to select the Information Analyzer Frequency Distribution values for a column using only the Project name, Table name and Column name WITHOUT having to use the cryptic names like "08-3a0e-4ee8841ae0ba1a450b_FD"? We are wanting to report FD values for columns using SQL rather than using the built-in IA reports. The end report would list Project, Table, Column, Frequency Values per Column.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I doubt it.

These "cryptic names" are generated (guaranteed unique) keys to other tables in the metadata repository database.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

This is not SQL, but the IA User's Guide has a chapter about the HTTP API that may be worth a try...

Retrieve the frequency distribution of a column by using the HTTP API. Example:

Code: Select all

GET http://myserver:9080/InformationAnalyzer/columnAnalysis/frequencyDistribution
?projectName=project1&columnName=SOURCE1.SCHEMA1.TABLE1.COL1
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I really should learn the http api. I faced four questions about it in the certification exam.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

That exam asked me all kinds of questions about features I've never used before! :shock:
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

Hopefully they upgrade it soon to make it a little more relevant to the product.
Idiot me read the 8.1 doco and the 10 or 11 AuditStage questions I got were nearly my undoing... :oops:
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

They did. The 8.5 exam was available at IOD2011, which is where I did it. No AuditStage questions, though there were some about Data Rules.