Analysis ODBC DSN list is empty

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

stuartjvnorton
Participant

Analysis ODBC DSN list is empty

Post by stuartjvnorton »

Hi all,

I am doing a new install of v8.5 on Windows 2003 x64 and am having the above issue when trying to configure the IA project.

I have created the DSNs using odbcad32 instead of the standard version and restarted Infosphere, but I'm still having the problem. The ASB agent looks ok: the service has started and I don't see the CASSConnection errors you'd normally see about not being able to create a connection.

Any ideas?
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

uvodbc.config in the project directory ?
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

There is a common problem on Windows 64 bit systems - there are 32 and 64 bit ODBC configuration tools and sometimes Information Analyzer looks at one list and the installer puts the IADB link into the other. You know you have this problem if you go into Information Analyzer project settings and there is no IADB ODBC showing up in the drop down combo box while your JDBC works fine. This means JDBC commands work - such as creating projects - while ODBC commands fail - such as importing metadata.

What usually happens is that the installation process creates IADB in the ODBC list that is not the one you see when you access ODBC Administrator from the Windows Start menu.

Have a look at this Microsoft technote about the locations of the two ODBC config, you will find only one of them can be opened via Control Panel and the other needs to be run directly:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942976
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SURA »

You need to run %windir%\sysWOW64\odbcad32.exe.

As Vincent said, the given link is having that detail.

DS User
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

Hi Vince, SURA,

Using ODBCAD32 did the trick. Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Stuart.