Information Analyzer 8.1.0.0 How to Export report data

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

dsuser001
Participant

Information Analyzer 8.1.0.0 How to Export report data

Post by dsuser001 »

I have Information Analyzer 8.1.0.0 client installed on my machine and have server access also. I have imported tables to IA and done the analysis on it.

I am able to generate some built-in reports available in IA. I need to export this report data from IA to Cognos. Is there any tool available to export report datafrom IA8.1 to Cognos. Or how can I access the analysed data in IA. Please help me.... :?

Thanks in Advance.
dsuser
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

Try the HTTP interface with the 2 options for getting frequency distribution and analysis summary results. I think it can be be used directly from Cognos.

It's all detailed in the IA users guide.
dsuser001
Participant

Post by dsuser001 »

Thanks for your reply..
I will explore on what you have suggested.. I am new to IA and also to Cognos.
Can you tell me what you ment by this 2 options. Also I dont have the IA user guide.
Please help me in this.
Thanks again
dsuser
dsuser001
Participant

Post by dsuser001 »

Actually i need to export the data shown in the report to somewhere and use that in cognos to build my on dashboards. Will it be possible to do. What is the available export options available in IA to take the analysis information out from IA.
Please provide your suggestions.
dsuser
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

You are in trouble trying to get this working in version 8.1 because you do not have the API layer of Information Analyzer. Version 8.5 or 8.7 will be much easier. With the Information Analyzer API layer you can get to profiling results and data quality rule results as API calls. You can either mash that up in Cognos or create a set of DataStage jobs to put Information Analyzer results into a data mart for reporting. IA 8.5 and 8.7 also have better export options. You might be able to cobble something together in Metadata Workbench where you create a query to extract profiling results and manually save that to an Excel spreadsheet for use in Cognos.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

I should also add that the reason this is tricky - the reason you cannot just point Cognos straight at the profiling tables - is that XMETA and IADB where profiling results get stored are both cryptic data stores that Cognos cannot model and use. You need either an export or access to the API layer to make sense of profiling data.
dsuser001
Participant

Post by dsuser001 »

Thanks for that reply.. Today i have to try it with IA8.5. I will try the option of API which you told.. Thanks
dsuser