How to join two tables in IA

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

reddy.vinod
Participant

How to join two tables in IA

Post by reddy.vinod »

Hi,
I am new to Information Analyzer, i started working on column analysis, virtual columns and virtual tables.

I am facing one problem, I am trying to perform join on two tables and next column analysis on select fields. I am not able to join two tables while creating virtual tables. Could anyone please let me know process to join two tables.

Thanks in Advance...
Vinod.
VINOD
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If the two tables are in the same database you can create a view in that database consisting of the required join and perform column analysis on the view.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
reddy.vinod
Participant

Post by reddy.vinod »

Thanks for the reply ray, if nothing works i would like to create views in database. I have little hope on datarules in IA, but i never used them. May i know, can we create datarules to join two tables and for column analysis.
VINOD
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No, that's not what data rules are about. Data rules are expressions that evaluate to true or false depending on the values in the data. Data rules use join key elements to specify the relationship between tables when you have a data rule such as tablea.columnx < tableb.columny (and there is a joinable relationship between the tables).

There is no capacity for joining tables to perform column analysis.

Tables are only implicitly joined when common domain (cross table) analysis is being performed; that is, you do not specify the join directly.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Looking in the IA 8.7 User's Guide chapter 5 about analyzing columns, under the "Creating a virtual table" section, it says you can create a virtual table to segment data from one or more tables. Segmentation can be vertical or horizontal... I think the User's Guide is wrong. There doesn't seem to be any facility in the user interface to create a virtual table using more than one table. Has anyone noticed this? It may be time for a PMR...
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius