IA Data Connection passwords

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

roblew
Charter Member
Charter Member

IA Data Connection passwords

Post by roblew »

Does anyone know where the Data Connection id and passwords are stored for all Data Sources in Information Analyzer?

We do not define the password in the .odbc.ini. IA prompts for username and password when creating the Data Connection. The question is whether this info is stored within a file on the OS, or in the xmeta db or iadb repository?

After some searching and poking around, it appears that the VLMDLDTCNNCTNB1C497C table seems to hold various connection usernames and passwords. Is this accurate?

FYI, IA is working properly and we are not trying to troubleshoot any problem. We'd like to know this information in paration for IT audits so we can ensure that all passwords are secure and/or encrypted.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You've already researched more deeply than I have. That they're stored in an XMETA table seems reasonable, since only the services use them.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
bkamila
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bkamila »

What type of database is your XMETA and IADB database?
BANA KAMILA
BI, Data Warehouse and Database Consultant
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

XMETA is the default name for the common metadata repository. IADB is the suggested name for the Information Analyzer database. You get your choice of DB2, Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server for the former, and pretty much anything accessible via ODBC for the latter.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.