Rule Defn and RuleSet

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Vishvas
Participant

Rule Defn and RuleSet

Post by Vishvas »

I have a file with 3 columns. My requirement is to check each column for 3 quality dimentions namely Completeness, Format and Values.

My plan is to create common Rule defns for all three quality dimentions and create one Rule per column per quality dimention. So there will be 9 Rules and 3 Rule Defns.

Now I want to create a RuleSet for all the 9 Rules so that I can measure the quality of all the 3 coulmns in one go.

The issue is that when I put all the 9 rules in one RuleSet it automatically creates 6 more Rule Defns. I don't want this.

What is the best approach for my requirement.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You don't have a choice because each individual rule has to be bound to its particular column(s). This is why, when you add the same rule to a rule set, clones of that rule need to be created. Your only alternative is to eschew the use of the rule set but that, of course, will limit the measures and metrics that you're able to obtain.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.