Information Analyzer - problem getting connected

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

hobocamp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Information Analyzer - problem getting connected

Post by hobocamp »

We have IA 8.0.1, and have had it installed for a while, and are just now attempting to utilize it.

I'm attempting to create a project, and in the process I need to add a data source. I select our Development server from the list of sources, but when I select 'OK' to add it, I get a Registration Error, saying 'One or more data sources could not be added as they are not fully imported.' I'd appreciate any suggestions to solve this (what I'm afraid is a) very basic problem. Thanks.

Tom
sima79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sima79 »

Have you imported the metadata?

First steps after adding a data source is to import the tables and columns under Home->Metadata Management ->Import Metadata
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Go to Configuration-->Sources and select the source that you are going to use (click Open Details) and click the "Connection" to verify that the Data Store is created correctly.
bobyon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bobyon »

Were you ever able to determine what was causing the agent to fail in the first place?

We are having similar issues here. Whenever we attempt to test a Teradata connection or run a column analysis task, one or more of the ASBagents goes down.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob
Bob
sjfearnside
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sjfearnside »

I guess this question (from bobyon) is directed towards me and I do not remember a clear definition given by the vendor for the problem, only the solution. It is my understanding that there are many problems with V8.0.1 of IA and V8.1 has many fixes and/or improvements. We are in the planning process for upgrading to V8.1.