How to delete jobs in Information Analyser from Director?

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

sambarand
Premium Member
Premium Member

How to delete jobs in Information Analyser from Director?

Post by sambarand »

Hi,

We would want to know how to delete the jobs that can be seen in Director for ANALYZERPROJECT. As of now , each time we try to delete the job , it says the job does not exist , but it still apears in the list of jobs each time we open up the Director client or do a refresh.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

They have provided no means to delete these jobs.

They do not exist because there is no design. Therefore the DataStage deleter program can't find them, because this is what it seeks first.

Push IBM. It can be done manually, but I prefer that they tell you how; that way you can't sue me if something goes wrong. Ideally, IBM should make it possible from IA or maybe from Director.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Bryceson
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Bryceson »

It is possible to delete IA jobs in Director, I went through that effort during our initial TEST of IA with IBM support engineer. Basically they have unsopported Wrapper and steps to do just that kind of delete.

I will have to find the document and post it for you . . . .

Going forward do not retain the scripts when running IA and NO jobs will be kept around after IA finishes.

Thanks . . . Bryceson
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Make sure you have Retain Scripts switched off in the Analysis configuration settings - this will ensure jobs are removed from AnalysisProjects after they have finished. Does anyone know whether there is any harm in deleting and recreating the Analysis DataStage project? Does is affect any of your analysis results?