Trouble getting AnalysisServer to start

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

trokosz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Trouble getting AnalysisServer to start

Post by trokosz »

The AnalysisServer says the process is running when started and then when I do a status its not running and produces nothing in the MGXPgmInit.std.log or MGXPgmInit.log for me to look at......I beliebe my paths are right and the MessageSwitch is running just fine....any ideas? Almost like its running the script but nothing happens.....weird...

lin.com:/bustools/diws/iwp/751/Ascential/ProfileStage/AnalysisServer> stop <

-----------------
MGXPgmInit - Stop
-----------------

MGXPgmInit is not currently running (OK this is good cause its not)
run directory is /bustools/diws/iwp/751/Ascential/ProfileStage/AnalysisServer
admin user is EMiwpd4

lin.com:/bustools/diws/iwp/751/Ascential/ProfileStage/AnalysisServer> start <

------------------
MGXPgmInit - Start
------------------
Starting new process ...

MGXPgmInit is running as pid 721044 (OK this is seems like a good thing)
admin user is EMiwpd4

lin.com:/bustools/diws/iwp/751/Ascential/ProfileStage/AnalysisServer> status<

MGXPgmInit is not currently running (But notice its not really running)
admin user is EMiwpd4
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

After you run the start command, is there a process ID 721044 (check with ps -ef | grep 721044 | grep -v grep)?

Did you check the log files on the Analysis Server ? They should be in a directory called logs if I recall correctly.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
trokosz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by trokosz »

Hi Ray.....the ps-ef showed nothing.....It produced no log files.....it executed in a way that appeared things were fine but they were not....

I redid the ./setup_unix_analysis again and answered "0" or "no" to the fact that I do not have Orchestrate or Parallel Extender (but I really do have) and the AnalysisServer came up just fine and the logs exist....perplexing?

So for whatever reason I guess its concerning PX so I will have to research why and if you have something great and if not I do appreciate the response...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I think you've successfully isolated it to be associated with the Orchestrate environment.

Were APT_CONFIG and APT_ORCHHOME set for the user ID with which you started the Analysis Server? Not that that should matter, I'm clutching at straws a bit here. You don't even need DataStage and Analysis Server on the same machine!

What you need to do is try it again with the question about parallel extender answered in the affirmative. Once you've got a reliably reproducible case, involve your support provider.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
trokosz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by trokosz »

Well its the old fat finger....I had the APT_ORCHOME pointing wrong....Oh boy....sorry for the trouble but thanks for responding

Now it works fine
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I usually claim that the keyboard can't spell in these cases. :lol: