Perl:DBI and Analysis Server on HP-UX

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

ghila
Premium Member
Premium Member

Perl:DBI and Analysis Server on HP-UX

Post by ghila »

Hello,

I am quite new to ProfileStage installation on a mixed environnement. Installing all ProfileStage components on a single Windows box is ok. But for getting performances we need to get the Unix box ( and DataStage PX ) power.

We get some problems trying to get the Analysis Server connected to the PSDB. DataDirect ODBC DSN is ok and can get connected well to the PSDB.
We get some Perl errors because the TestConnection is trying to access to Perl:DBI components.

Is this something some of you already got? And is there a need to have Perl:DBI installed on the Unix box? I already started a CASE on IBM tech support but they are unable to give me an answer.

Thanks for your help.
Regards,

Daniel
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Hi Daniel,
I have ProfileStage EE 7.5.1, Anaysis Server, Message Switch, and Parallel Extender installed on one Linux box and PSDB (Oracle 10g) on another Linux box. Sure got enough computing power.

I don't get what you mean by "TestConnection is trying to access to Perl:DBI components"? Were you trying to test the ODBC connection?
ghila
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ghila »

Hello,

I have tested the ODBC connection using "example". So the ODBC DSN to the PSDB is working fine. The SQL request "SELECT PROPERTYNAME FROM SYSTEMCONFIG;" is working good.
TestConnection is started on the HP box when you try to test connection from the "Connection Manager" on the ProfileStage client on Windows.

I got Perl error messages in the /LogFiles/TestConnection_YYYYMMDD_x.log files generated on the AnalysisServer.

Hard to tell where to find.
lstsaur wrote:Hi Daniel,
I have ProfileStage EE 7.5.1, Anaysis Server, Message Switch, and Parallel Extender installed on one Linux box and PSDB (Oracle 10g) on another Linux box. Sure got enough computing power.

I don't get what you mean by "TestConnection is trying to access to Perl:DBI components"? Were you trying to test the ODBC connection?
Regards,

Daniel
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You may need to be careful with PATH. ProfileStage uses its own Perl command line interpreter (from memory PerlCRT.dll) but other systems (such as Oracle) use something else (Perl58.dll in the case of Oracle). You must make sure that the process ID under which you start Message Switch and Analysis Server find the correct Perl utility first.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ghila
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ghila »

Thanks Ray,

I will look in that direction. When I will have the solution, I will post it here.

ray.wurlod wrote:You may need to be careful with PATH. ProfileStage uses its own Perl command line interpreter (from memory PerlCRT.dll) but other systems (such as Oracle) use something else (Perl58.dll in the case of Oracle). You must make sure that the process ID under which you start Message Switch and Analysis Server find the correct Perl utility first.
Regards,

Daniel