Cannot Continue

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

ray.wurlod
Participant

Cannot Continue

Post by ray.wurlod »

Client-only ProfileStage. After entering login ID and password and DSN, a message box titled "Cannot Continue" pops up, containing the following text.

The Message Switch configuration information (host name and port number) was not found in the repository. Please correct this and try again.

Does anyone know where or how to configure the Message Switch configuration information in the repository (by which I assume is meant the PSDB)?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
clshore
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by clshore »

Yikes,
Been a while since I set mine up, and have not touched it since.
ISTR that you install/modify the Message Switch using the Install CD.

Is it hosted on a Windows or UNIX box?

I can find the Docs somewhere if that helps any.

Carter
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

All Windows, with PSDB, Analysis Server and Message Switch on one box (though I have some flexibility in this). The PSDB is Oracle 10g (which IS supported). Servers are Windows 2003 Server, clients Windows XP pro with sp1.
Will see what happens with the install CD. I have all the documents.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kprama
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kprama »

Ray
Can you explain how you have solved the above issue. I have a similar issue but my message switch & analysis server are on a linux environment, psdb is oracle9i. thanks...