Map does not build

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

jackcool
Participant

Map does not build

Post by jackcool »

Hi,
I created a map with one input and one output card.Source for input card is File and target for Output card is Database.I already created xx.mdq file to generate type tree for my target table.when i tried to build the map iam getting following error

"M1013 ERROR:
Could not retrieve database information:
xxxOutputCard

Total errors: 1. Total warnings: 0.".
I am using ODBC for database connectivity.

Any Help is appreciated!!

Thanks
Jack
rodneycrowe
Participant

Re: Map does not build

Post by rodneycrowe »

jackcool wrote:Hi,
I created a map with one input and one output card.Source for input card is File and target for Output card is Database.I already created xx.mdq file to generate type tree for my target table.when i tried to build the map iam getting following error

"M1013 ERROR:
Could not retrieve database information:
xxxOutputCard

Total errors: 1. Total warnings: 0.".
I am using ODBC for database connectivity.

Any Help is appreciated!!

Thanks
Jack
During the build, DSTX does not actually connect to the database. This seems like an error that you would receive if the database settings are not correct on the output card. Just my $.02 Is there some reason that you are using ODBC instead of the Oracle database adapter?
jackcool
Participant

Re: Map does not build

Post by jackcool »

Reason for using ODBC is iam having problems making the Oracle Adaptor to work in DBInterfaceDesigner.I'm getting "ORA-12154:TNS:Could not resolve service name"

Here are my Oracle settings
DatabaseName : testDB
Adaptor : Oracle
Paltform : *** Iam not sure whether this is client platform or
platform where oracle is installed.I tried both

Access UserTables/Procs : Yes
Connect String
DatabaseInterface Designer : username@databasename
Runtime : username@databasename
Security
UserId : username
Password : xxxx

my sql net is configured to the remote database.I was able to connect to Database using sqlplus.

To me it looks like DBInterface Designer using wrong tnsnames.ora.But I might be wrong.