different countries in one file... identification using inte

This forum is in support of all issues about Data Quality regarding DataStage and other strategies.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

nag0143
Premium Member
Premium Member

different countries in one file... identification using inte

Post by nag0143 »

Hi

I have all addresses intermixed i need to divide those into respective fields
i.e, housenumber and street,city,state,country,zip,pobox . and of these i don't have the country field at all ... how should i identify which country they are from just basing on the addresses....

Here my data contains vendors from different countries.... and there is no way to identify for which country he belongs... using integrity MNS i have to have country field so wht should i do in this case.....using integrity what are the procedures i need to follow...

Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you tried using the Multinational Address Standardization pre-built procedure? This has a standard output format, two of the columns of which is the country ISO codes (the two character and three character codes). It handles approximately 200 countries, more than half of the countries in the world, so your countries should be among them.
See Chapter 8 of the INTEGRITY manual for the output fields

Alternatively you can run a SuperSTAN pre-built procedure using the Country Identifier rule set. See page 7-24ff of the INTEGRITY manual for what you need to do next, if you choose this path (intermediate files, and procedures using domain pre-processor rule sets).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
nag0143
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nag0143 »

I cannot run the country identifier rule unless my addresses are standardized as i said in my case the data is intermixed and also there is no country field in the data to specify which country those (vendors) belongs to..

when I apply MNS rule.. it requires country field as an input....

so how should i come across this...

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you tried using the Multinational Address Standardization pre-built procedure? This has a standard output format, two of the columns of which is the country ISO codes (the two character and three character codes).

This is NOT the same as the MNS rule set, which you use in SuperSTAN, it's a completely different procedure. Read about it in Chapter 8 in the manual. I know from the speed of your reply that you haven't done that yet! :wink:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
nag0143
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nag0143 »

I am getting this error what does this mean:MNS rules at mns not installed....Op failed.
nag0143
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nag0143 »

I Found y the error is coming but... in my profile setup... wht would be the alternate locale path... when i read the user guide it said german ISO locale....so.. can you tell me whts happenning.