read_delimited() - row 2518,column, required column missing

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

read_delimited() - row 2518,column, required column missing

Post by kris007 »

Hi All,

I am extracting my data from SQLServer(source thru ODBC stage) and staging the data in the sequential file stage before I load it into my target OCI stage. After running the job successfully, I am not able to view the data in the sequential properly. The error message I get is
read_delimited() - row 2518, column Column_name, required column missing
I can see the data properly in the source. My source data contains commas in it and also line delimiters in it so that if a line is very long it writes to a new line within the same column.
However, when I try to view this row in the sequential file its giving me the above error and my data is all messed up in the sequential file.i.e the data after the line delimiter is appearing on the next row in a different column.

So for this particular row, in the text column I have 3 line delimiters, so as a result my data in sequential appears as 3 different new rows in a different column( i.e. the first column in the next row).

So, I have come to the conclusion that I am getting the above error because the sequential file is not able to pick up the line delimiters inthe source correctly and hence writing the data to the new row.

I have searched the forum but couldnt come up with the answer I need because most of the issues were with flat files being the source. Any guidance would be of great help. Please let me know if I didnt put it right so that I shall explain more clearly nextime.

Thanks
Kris.
amsh76
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by amsh76 »

It means that you have less columns in your file then what you have defined in the metadata. Please cheeck that record
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Go to the Columns tab. Scroll the grid to the right. Set the "column contains line terminators" property. Note that this can not be set for the last column in the line - the workaround is to define a dummy final column and set its "missing column" property to "Discard".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

Thanks a lot Ray. That was very very helpful. I was scratching my head for a while on that one. It works great now.

Cheers :D
Kris
kollurianu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kollurianu »

wonderful solution ! Ray :D