NLS

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard. :D

That's not a question we can answer.

You have to know, or find out, how (that is, according to which standard) the data are encoded. That will indicate which NLS character map is appropriate to use.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
infonewz
Participant

NLS

Post by infonewz »

The source is MainFrame GDG DataSet (FLAT FILE) that is encoded in EBCDIC. FTP Stage is being used to ready the data from the file. I have tried few other NLS map names that were installed on the system. None of these work for special characters.

However NLS map:ISO8859-1 works well if I do a Table to Table load.
Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.
ray.wurlod wrote:Welcome aboard. :D

That's not a question we can answer.

You have to know, or find out, how (that is, according to which standard) the data are encoded. That will indicate which NLS character map is appropriate to use.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are you specifying that the FTP should convert from EBCDIC to ASCII ?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
infonewz
Participant

NLS / FTP

Post by infonewz »

The only two options I have are Binary and ASCII for the FTP Stage --> Outputs Page --> Properties Tab --> Data Representation.

If I use Binary, it does not work. So I have used ASCII

How do i convert from EBCDIC to ASCII in FTP Stage, if possible??

ray.wurlod wrote:Are you specifying that the FTP should convert from EBCDIC to ASCII ?
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

You cannot. FTP it and use CFF stage to convert it from EBCDIC to ASCII.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'