Abnormal termination of job: Throwing IDENT1 detected Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pmadhavi
Charter Member
Charter Member

Abnormal termination of job: Throwing IDENT1 detected Error

Post by pmadhavi »

Hi I have a server job where the source tabel has 142 columns
we have an IPC stage conected to the source DRS.
when i run the job, it is throwing

Abnormal termination of stage CopyOfJ_Stage_PS_PERSONAL_DATA..IPC_in.IDENT1 detected

Can u please suggest me what to do?
Thanks,
Madhavi
amsh76
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by amsh76 »

Can you please provide some more information ? What exactly you are doing in the job..and if you got any other error apart from what you have mentioned ?
pmadhavi
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by pmadhavi »

amsh76 wrote:Can you please provide some more information ? What exactly you are doing in the job..and if you got any other error apart from what you have mentioned ?
I HAVE TO LOAD PERSONAL DATA FROM FINANCIAL SOURCE DATABASE TO PEOPLESOFT EPM 8.9. WE HAVE 142 COLUMNS IN THE SOURCE.
THE SEQUENCE OF JOB IS AS FOLLOWS

SOURCE DRS-->ipc STAGE-->ROW MERGER-->TRANSFORMER-->ROW SPLITTER-->ipc STAGE-->TARGET DRS

IS THIS INFO ENOUGH?/
PLS LET ME KNOW
Thanks,
Madhavi
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Which stage is "CopyOfJ_Stage_PS_PERSONAL_DATA"? The error is triggered from the IPC stage after that. Have you changed either the timeout or the buffer size in the IPC?
If your system is very heavily loaded and slow, you might raise the default timeout from 10 (I think it is that value, but I'm not at a DS client right now) to something higher such as 30 seconds or even 60 and see if that makes a difference.

Does this error occur every run or just sporadically?
pmadhavi
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by pmadhavi »

ArndW wrote:Which stage is "CopyOfJ_Stage_PS_PERSONAL_DATA"? The error is triggered from the IPC stage after that. Have you changed either the timeout or the buffer size in the IPC?
If your system is very heavily loaded and slow, you might raise the default timeout from 10 (I think it is that value, but I'm not at a DS client right now) to something higher such as 30 seconds or even 60 and see if that makes a difference.

Does this error occur every run or just sporadically?
How much buffer size shall I give?
Please let me know.
Thanks,
Madhavi
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Buffer size in interprocess communication is usually irrelevant, it only needs to be increased if the singe row sizes are very large. Leave it at it's default setting.
jdulaney
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by jdulaney »

Your problem could be something other than buffer sizes, etc. I am finding that when there is an error in either the table structure of the insert (missing required field or containing a non-existant field) or in the key structure of the insert, I sometimes get weird, non-specific messages from the IPC stage.

One way to debug this issue (other than calling GSC), is to remove the IPC stage in a copy of the job and see how it fails after you have removed it. Once you've fixed the underlying error (or had GSC do it), you can re-add the IPC stage and proceed with the buffer, array and transaction sizes pretty much as delivered.