Error Importing Stored Procedure Definitions from Teradata

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gsherry1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Error Importing Stored Procedure Definitions from Teradata

Post by gsherry1 »

Hello Forum,

I receive the an error after doing the following:

Table Definitions->Import->Stored Procedure Definitions->Ok->Import
DSR.MetaGeta(GET.PROC.COLUMNS)(SQLPrepare("{CALL "DQ_CD_INSERT" (NULL,NULL)}")): BCI Error:
SQLSTATE=S0002,CODE=-3824,[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][NCR][ODBC Teradata Driver][Teradata RDBMS] Macro 'DBTEST1.DQ_CD_INSERT' does not exist.
I happen to know that I do not have execute privelages on the stored procedure. Is that required?

I also notice that when it calls the prep it is not qualifying the database name for the sp, and then complains that the object was not found in DBTEST1. The sp object is not located in DBTEST1, it is in another database DBTEST2.

When I selected the object to import, I selected the fully qualified name of DBTEST2.DQ_CD_INSERT.

Any suggestions? Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg
gsherry1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by gsherry1 »

After consulting the vendor on this, they mentioned that they have not tested Stored Procedures in Teradata, and do not support it.

They did mention that you might be able to get it to work, but you're on your own.

Greg
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

They are supported (in parallel jobs at least) in version 8.0. Given that server jobs can also use the new connectors, I would assume that they are supported in server jobs too.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.