Need of uvodbc.config for extract from Universe Database

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sasidhar_kari
Premium Member
Premium Member

Need of uvodbc.config for extract from Universe Database

Post by sasidhar_kari »

Hi All,
I need to extract the data from Universe Database. For that I m using Universe Stage. Here my doubt is should I need to configure (or define ) the systems in the uvodbc.config file in the relevant DataStage project directory on the server or without configuring anything in uvodbc.config can I extract data from the Universe Database like we use ORAOCI Stage to extract data from the Oracle database.

Pls provide the information

Thanks in Advance

Regards
Sasi
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Since using Hashed files and UniVerse are identical, there is no need for you to define ODBC connectivity, just point your jobs at the the hashed files you want and you can access them.
sasidhar_kari
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sasidhar_kari »

Hi ArndW,

Thanks for ur reply.

But in the Documentation (For Universe Stages ) it is saying that To connect to a UniVerse data source, the data source must be configured in the uvodbc.config file. Kindly clarify in this regard.

Thanks
Bala R
Participant

Post by Bala R »

When you installed the server in Unix, odbc is usually installed too and a dsn entry called localuv would have been configured for you. You could use that to load hashfiles as Universe tables in your Universe stage.
HTH