DataStage Engine StartUp error ..

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sivatallapaneni
Participant

DataStage Engine StartUp error ..

Post by sivatallapaneni »

Hi all,
When i try to restart the DataStage Engine it is giving me this error,

Code: Select all

Message[UVI0001]
Did anybody come across this? Is there a solution for this?
Appreciate any help.

Thank you,
Siva.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That sounds like the Engine directory has been damaged, corrupted or moved. I haven't got access to DataStage this week (doing something else). Contact your support provider to learn what code UVI0001 means.

For example, has someone removed the hidden file /.dshome ? Has someone moved the DS Engine directory, without effecting changes to system tables, indexes, etc.?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Amos.Rosmarin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Amos.Rosmarin »

Did you make sure that there is no output from the command

Code: Select all

netstat -a | grep dsrpc
this is the command for DS7+, I forgot the name of the service in DS6 .... it's dsrpc or uvsh ...or other

anyway, it must be clean before restart

Amos
sivatallapaneni
Participant

Post by sivatallapaneni »

Before bringing down the services i killed all the orphaned and hanging processes and then brought down DS Engine. There were no connection open at that time, The command output was nothing. Then i tried to restart, it gave me that error.

When i tried to cat /.dshome it said the variable is not found.
Where does this /.dshome file reside?

Siva.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

.dshome is a hidden file that is supposed to exist in the root directory (the pathname of which is /, which is where /.dshome comes from - it's the fully qualified pathname of the file).

This file should contain the pathname of the DataStage Engine directory.

If /.dshome is not present - for example if someone has deleted it - then you will not be able to start DataStage. You need to reinstate /.dshome.

Contact your vendor/support provider if you do not feel competent to do this yourself. Also track down what might have happened to this file.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The limit for a log is 2GB. It's not possible to state that in terms of log entries, because these vary so widely in size.

However, a full log does not prevent access to the Engine. It will corrupt the log (hashed) file, and thereby prevent access to that particular job, but it will not prevent access to the Engine.

Error code 9 12 has been triggered by a signal. You can look up these error codes in the Administering UniVerse manual, which can be downloaded from IBM's web site. Unfortunately I am not in a position to do that at present.