database locks

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

scottr
Participant

database locks

Post by scottr »

friends ,
when i start one of my jobs it's showing 600rows/sec and dropping that number rapidly to somewhere around 20rows/sec.
when i check with my DBA there are 16 locks on that perticular table from uvsh@dsservermechine .if we release those locks and restarts the job the same is happening.

this abnormal behavior is showing from last weekend(both of our database server and datastage servers are crashed during that weekend)

couple of other jobs(with different table) won't run at all(0 rows/sec) and once after releasing those locks they runs fine.

pl advise me how to resolve this problem

thanks
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Look into your job for actions you are doing against the db tables.

Better write into seq or hash files and use single point of load.
scottr
Participant

Post by scottr »

the job is able to write the data into seq file...
tcj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tcj »

scottr wrote:the job is able to write the data into seq file...
What Sainath was saying is that your job might be doing alot of look ups and trying to write or update to the same database table.

Instead of doing the insert and updates into the database in the same job, put the records that you want to insert or update into a seq file. Then create a second job to insert/update the records from the seq file into the database.
scottr
Participant

Post by scottr »

this one solved when last weekend both database and datastage servers are downed for maintaince.

thanks for ur suggestions.