Job Aborts After 50 Errors Logged

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

OAC
Participant

Job Aborts After 50 Errors Logged

Post by OAC »

Hi,

I am running a job and it gets aborted after loggin 50 warnings eventhough the limits for warning is set as No Limit. Please let me know how to solve this issue. It is very urgent. Appreciate if i get help from this forum
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

If it was really set to 'No Limit', it wouldn't abort after 50 warnings. :wink: The question is - How are you running the job?

By hand from Director, you get a chance to set the warning threshold. If you are running it from job control or a Sequencer job, then it will inherit the setting from the controlling job.

Secondary question, are you sure you really want to run something with unlimited warnings that you know is going to log more than 50 of them? Large log files can fill up server install partitions and otherwise be... problematic. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
OAC
Participant

Post by OAC »

I am running from a sequencer. No Limit Warning is set for that sequencer also. I want to run eventhough it logs more than 50 errors.
ketfos
Participant

Post by ketfos »

Hi,

Trying setting Warning limit to say 25 and see if it aborts after 25 warning messages.

This will help you to find if it is really taking the parameter you have set or it is taking from some other location.

Ketfos
aesguerra
Participant

Post by aesguerra »

In the director, try going to Tools --> Options, then click on the "Limits" tab and set it to what you require.
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Go to the job control tab in the Sequencer job and look for your job name in the source code. You should see a line that uses the DSSetJobLimit API to limited the number of warning messages. The token DSJ.LIMITWARN is used to control the maximum number of warning messages prior to starting the job. A Sequence or Batch job does NOT USE the Director features for limiting warnings or rows or much less parameter values.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle