Strange behaviour of OraBulk stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

girishoak
Participant

Strange behaviour of OraBulk stage

Post by girishoak »

Hallo,

I am facing a very strange problem while using OraaBulk stage. In a server type job, I am using simple data file to read data. I am giving the out of my sequential stage to OraBulk stage through a transformer. I am doing nothing in transformer stage, it is very straigth mapping of columns, no manipulation.

Coming to the problem
When I execute this job, it reads data file and creates other data file as specified in OraBulk stage, it works fine. It writes exactly same number of rows existing in data file, but while writing in OraBlk stage, it duplicated a row and leaves last row without writing in orabulk stage without changing number of rows.

Can anybody tell me why it happens? I am using this OraBlk stage in many stage but some times that too in very few job I faced this kind problem. Can any body propose any solution for this.

Also, would like to know is I am using sqlldr command to load data generated by this job, in after sub-routine. Is that correct? or is there any other way to load data using .ctl and .csv file in datastage.

Thanks in advance

Girish Oak