Informix Extraction job keeps on running.......

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

girishoak
Participant

Informix Extraction job keeps on running.......

Post by girishoak »

Hi,

I have created a datastage job that uses Informix Stage to extract data from Informix database. It is pretty simple job. nothing special logic has been included in that.
When I run this job, in director it shows status as Running, but if you see the same job in Designer using view performance option, there is no change in the no of records processed. but still the status of job is Running. I could compile the same job, when it was showing status as Running. Could anybody will be able to tell what has gone wrong with my job.

Thanks in advance

Girish Oak
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

How long do you wait before you decide something is wrong? Any chance your SQL statement may take a long time to 'build' and start spooling output? Big sorts or groups, perhaps? If so, that whole time your job will say Running but no rows will show as being processed - yet.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
there are 3 reasons I can think of that will get you to the situation you mentioned:
1. as already said, a heavy sql that didn't return a result set from the DB server yet.
2. a hash file lookup that is still being loaded to memory when you check the preload to memory option.
3. when you try to read from a locked table and your, in informix which is your case, lock mode is set to wait with no time limit.

now all you have to do is check, what is it in your specific case,
you might need to get help from your informix DBA regarding the locks issue if you don't know the onstat sysntax or have no privilages.

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org