Designer Session Lockups...

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

msigal
Participant

Post by msigal »

If you hit the escape key, this invisible window will close and allow you to work in designer. You can change your options in Designer (default > general) to not have the window appear when you start designer.

Myles Sigal
Technical Analyst
The MEDSTAT Group
777 E. Eisenhower - 435B
Ann Arbor, MI 48108

myles.sigal@medstat.com
734-913-3466
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You haven't specified what release of DataStage you are running. However, this symptom can be an issue of which form has focus; if you can minimize all windows (from task bar) you may see the New/Existing window that should have, but has lost, focus. (This may not be your solution, but is something I have seen in the past, certainly as recently as version 4.0.)

Ray Wurlod
Education and Consulting Services
ABN 57 092 448 518
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I've seen this in the past, and it's been showing up on a more regular than I like basis with my current version of DataStage - 5.2r1 on WinXP. Sometimes I can alt-tab and find the 'New/Existing' window, sometimes I have to shutdown all other open applications before I can get to the window and sometimes I end up killing the Designer. I thought it had something to do with really bad timing, as in another application stealing focus from DS right before the dialogue box is going to open. But if you have the problem all the time... Does it happen if the Designer is the *only* application you have running?

-craig