Look up for different files

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ani_chutti@yahoo.co.in
Participant

Look up for different files

Post by ani_chutti@yahoo.co.in »

Dear All,

I have 5 seq files which has country and some other data. Every file will come at different timings and there is no std time for each. I have a reference table for country code.

Goal is: Load the data into target table and load the country code using lookup. There is no choice for multiple job design. All these has to be designed in one single job
Anitha
rkashyap
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rkashyap »

What is the problem that you are facing?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Re: Look up for different files

Post by ray.wurlod »

ani_chutti@yahoo.co.in wrote:There is no choice for multiple job design. All these has to be designed in one single job
Why?

Resist stupid requirements! Or is it an interview question?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ani_chutti@yahoo.co.in
Participant

Re: Look up for different files

Post by ani_chutti@yahoo.co.in »

Yup. This is the interview question. Question is to come up with single job seq for 5 seq files which are loading in different timelines
Anitha
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

A single job sequence is not the same thing as a single job.

But you can nevertheless examine the possibility of having that sequence, after determining which file is next to be processed, invoking a generic job to process it then moving the file to a "done" location.

Rinse and repeat or sleep.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.