Best way to insert Timestamp String into Oracle Date?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

MrBlack
Participant

Best way to insert Timestamp String into Oracle Date?

Post by MrBlack »

With the new Oracle Connectors, I can't see the Insert/Update generated statement like I could with the old OCI stage. How do I know how to get a timestamp string from a CSV file to match the format mask?

Here's the format of the timestamp string

Code: Select all

YYYY-MM-DD hh:mi AM
The column is an Oracle DATE but in Datastage I set the column datatype to TIMESTAMP. The NLS settings in Oracle are

Code: Select all

NLS_DATE_FORMAT		DD-MON-RR
NLS_TIMESTAMP_FORMAT	DD-MON-RR HH.MI.SSXFF AM
When I don't try to manipulate the string at all, Datastage doesn't give me any errors but the AM/PM information is ignored and all my data is inserted as AM and I lose that PM information. Should I try and change my time into a 24hr format?

Surely there has to be an easy way to keep the genreated SQL but also be able to get my data inserted properly.
MrBlack
Participant

Post by MrBlack »

This is what I have discovered. Unless there is a SECOND component to the string data the AM/PM is ignored. Also in ordered to get it to work, I had to convert from a 12 hr time to a 24 hour time. So final steps to resolution, concat 00 seconds to my string, and then convert to 24hrs.

Very annoying bug.