Sequence Job running very slow.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sam334
Premium Member
Premium Member

Sequence Job running very slow.

Post by sam334 »

Hi All,
I am having one issue in sequencer job running. I searched the forum and there is a related topic but does not really make sense.

Now, the sequencer was fine, running perfectly where we have two large loads and one process control update. I added one more job at end and after the migration it is taking hours to load the data. Basically it has one parent sequencer which has another sequencer in it. After adding the new job, both the sequencer jobs are taking hours. Any help how can I address the issue.

Thanks for being such a great help.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Which job is taking all the time? (You can determine this information from the job logs or from the Operations Console.) Why? (You can determine this information from the Performance Analysis tool in Designer.)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sam334
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sam334 »

Thanks Ray.
Unfortunate we do not have performance analysis tool. I checked the logs and tested the job which was actually delayed. The transaction count and array was 50 and 50. I changed those to 2000 transaction count and 1000 array. I can see definitely performance is improved.

So, changing the array and transaction counts can improve the performance right. Its a full load with millions of records. Target is DB2 UDB

Thanks again.
rkashyap
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rkashyap »

Can you check with your DBA and seek their input on this. They may help to tune this job/sequence design.
sam334
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sam334 »

rkashyap,
I actually first told our DBA to do a database maintenance. All the maintenance was done in regular basis. After changing the transaction count performance improved but though 1.30 hour for 10 million record would be too much.

Thanks.