Passing parameter from Hashed to ODBC stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Seyed
Participant

Passing parameter from Hashed to ODBC stage

Post by Seyed »

Hi all,
I have a problem with passing arguments from a hashed file stage to an ODBC stage. What I am trying to pass is a list of table names, and for each table name that should be passed from the hashed file stage to the ODBC stage, the following SQL select stagement should execute and retrun the result:

Code: Select all

select length(replace(replace(replace(dbms_metadata.get_ddl('TABLE','#SOURCE_TABLE_NAME#'),' ',''),chr(13), ''),chr(10),'')) FROM dual;
but it results in

call to SQLExecute failed.
SQL statement:select length(replace(replace(replace(dbms_metadata.get_ddl('TABLE','#SOURCE_TABLE_NAME#'),' ',''),chr(13), ''),chr(10),'')) FROM dual 
SQLSTATE=S1000, DBMS.CODE=31603
[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][DataDirect][ODBC Oracle Wire Protocol driver][Oracle]ORA-31603: object "#SOURCE_TABLE_NAME#" of type TABLE not found in schema "DFFSSD"

I also tried substituting '#SOURCE_TABLE_NAME' with a '?', but that didn't make any difference either. Any ideas what is causing this error? The SOURCE_TABLE_NAME column is in the Hashed file is defined as VarChar with a length of 30.

Thanks for your input,

Seyed
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Try "escaping" every single-quote character in your SQL with a backslash.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Seyed
Participant

Post by Seyed »

Hi Ray,
I tried adding backslash, and it failed with the following Fatal error:

Project:AgencyWideReports (s99dws01)
Job name:SchemaCompTablesPart2NEW
Event #:476
Timestamp:12/2/2013 3:05:46 PM
Event type:Fatal
User:OKDHS\U74981
SchemaCompTablesPart2NEW..GetSrcTblDDLBytes.IDENT1: |SchemaCompTablesPart2NEW..GetSrcTblDDLBytes.PassSrcTblToOrcl: DSD.BCIOpenW call to SQLPrepare failed.
select length(replace(replace(replace(dbms_metadata.get_ddl(\'TABLE\',\'?\'),\' \',\'\'),chr(13), \'\'),chr(10),\'\')) FROM dual 
SQLSTATE=37000, DBMS.CODE=911
[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][DataDirect][ODBC Oracle Wire Protocol driver][Oracle]ORA-00911: invalid character|
Thanks for your help,

Seyed
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Not a quote issue. Your error:

ORA-31603: object "#SOURCE_TABLE_NAME#" of type TABLE not found in schema "DFFSSD"

shows that your issue is the fact that the job parameter is not being recognized, so it remains untranslated. How are you building that select statement? You'll need to assemble it 'in pieces' so the parameter substitution can happen properly outside of the static strings.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Seyed
Participant

Post by Seyed »

Hi Craig,

Thank you for your help. For additional debugging, I hard coded a table name that I know exists within the schema and now getting the following error message:

SchemaCompTablesPart2NEW..Oracle_OCI_125: ORA-00903: invalid table name
SchemaCompTablesPart2NEW..Oracle_OCI_125.DSLink1: DSP.Open GCI $DSP.Open error -100.
I copied and pasted the following code in TOAD while using the same DB, and schema and it worked fine.

select length(dbms_metadata.get_ddl('TABLE','PS2_INFO_SDF')) FROM dual;
Thanks again,

Seyed
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Does your DataStage user use the same default schema name as does the TOAD user? Maybe you need a fully qualified table name.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It won't take a fully qualified table name and thus only works with an owner table. Unless, perhaps, you leverage a synonym?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers