Version Control Initialize puts Source job in "Read Onl

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DKostelnik
Participant

Version Control Initialize puts Source job in "Read Onl

Post by DKostelnik »

Hi,

I have to initialize jobs into Version Control (I administer the toolset but am not a DataStage Developer) for an offshore team on a regular basis. On occasion, I will get an email back from the group that the Source Job in the Development Project has been set to "Read Only" mode. The only thing I have done is initialize the job into Version Control and Promote it to a QA project.

At that point the only thing I can do is promote the job from Version Control, back to the Development Project - unchecking the "Read Only" clickbox.

It doesn't happen every time, and it's usually a week before I get a report that there is something wrong - so I can't recreate the events. I only use the admin user/pass.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? If so, what was the resolution? I am on 7.5.1a (I can't upgrade my version, so the solution has to be within this installation)
Doug
AAA Auto Club Group
Listen to:
Porcupine Tree
Nosound
Days Between Stations
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It won't do anything like that on its own, that means someone has accidentally promoted it back to the dev project. Check the history in VC, the event should be visible there.

Not that I've ever done that before or anything. :oops:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
DKostelnik
Participant

It's True!

Post by DKostelnik »

The Version Control trail is:
-Initialize from Development
-Promote to QA
-Promote to Production

Definitely nothing is getting promoted back down to Development. The specific development group does not have Version Control on their machines, no one else has access to the server, and I am the only control point.

In all other cases, our in-shop team initialized all jobs, sequences, etc... to Version Control and I promote them to the different projects. This is the only environment that I initialize entities.
Doug
AAA Auto Club Group
Listen to:
Porcupine Tree
Nosound
Days Between Stations
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Still, it will not do that during an Initialize. There are other ways than VC to get a job set to 'Read Only', could be something/one else is the culprit here. Perhaps a check of DS_AUDIT would provide a clue.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers