File does not get created

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kashif007
Premium Member
Premium Member

File does not get created

Post by kashif007 »

Hi

I have an issue in one of my jobs. The purpose of the job is to extract from Oracle Table (OCI stage) and load into a pipe delimited flat file. The job runs successfully with one warning as follows:

DataStage Job 39 Phantom 29686
Program "JOB.1682910495.DT.1504041097.TRANS1": Line 265, Nonnumeric data when numeric required. Zero used.

There are around 100 messages repeated in one warning of the job.
The strange thing is that the the output file does not get created on the respective DIR although I can view the output data from the sequential file stage. This means that the file has been created by the job but I cannot see it physically on the server.

Can anyone assist me resolving this issue.
Regards
Regards
Kashif Khan
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Then that means you're not looking in the right place on the server... or you're looking for the wrong name.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kashif007
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kashif007 »

My bad. I missed the $ in the parameter. It should have been #$ME_FTP_DIR# but I actually put #ME_FTP_DIR#. Datastage does not give invalid path or parameter error, in this case ?
Regards
Kashif Khan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No, it treats #ME_FTP_DIR# as a file name, since it's not a job parameter.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.