DSU.UtilityAbortToLog is not cataloged

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

crouse
Charter Member
Charter Member

DSU.UtilityAbortToLog is not cataloged

Post by crouse »

A similar post I felt should have answered this problem for us, but it hasn't yet. The post is www.dsxchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=103819

Well, we have the current issue where the error text is: "DSU.UtilityAbortToLog is not cataloged"

Rumor has it that a previous developer altered the standard delivered routine or created a new one with the same name (?)

Anyways, when the project was exported and then imported to a new project, the error started showing up. But looking into the original projects(s), we can't find a corresponding entry for DSU.UtilityAbortToLog in the project's DSD_BP.0 directory as pointed out by Kim Duke in the referenced post.

We find DSX.UtilityAbortToLog in VOC, but not DSU.UtilityAbortToLog

Any ideas?
Craig Rouse
Griffin Resouces, Inc
www.griffinresources.com
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Look carefully at the VOC entry.

Code: Select all

LIST.ITEM VOC 'DSX.UTILITYABORTTOLOG'
This will tell you that SDK routines are cataloged with all upper-case names and "DSX." rather than "DSU." as prefix.

I vaguely recall that, in versions earlier than 8.0, the SDK routines are not in DSU_BP.O but in DSG_BP.O (or maybe DSD_BP.O). But I have no means to check that at the moment.

If someone has substituted their own version (successfully), then it WILL have "DSU." as its prefix.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please delete duplicate post before anyone answers it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.