issue on doublle quotes

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

poorna.ds
Participant

issue on doublle quotes

Post by poorna.ds »

Hi,
I am working on the datastage server edition 7.5.2. The problem I am facing in my current project is:
The source file is a sequential file which contains records in the form:
"aaaa","bbbb","cccc","dddd"
We are concatenating the records in the transformer and the concatenated records are sent to the shared container which contains rejection file which is also a sequential file.
The data in rejection file is in the form:
"aaaa,bbbb,cccc,dddd"
The problem is I need the data in the rejection file in the form as it is in the source file,each column separated with double quotes and comma. I tried concatenating the data along with quotes. But its giving 2 extra quotes.
Can somebody help me?
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: issue on doublle quotes

Post by priyadarshikunal »

poorna.ds wrote:Hi,
I am working on the datastage server edition 7.5.2. The problem I am facing in my current project is:
We are concatenating the records in the transformer and the concatenated records are sent to the shared container which contains rejection file which is also a sequential file.
"aaaa,bbbb,cccc,dddd"
The problem is I need the data in the rejection file in the form as it is in the source file,each column separated with double quotes and comma. I tried concatenating the data along with quotes. But its giving 2 extra quotes.
Can somebody help me?
first tell us how you are trying to concatanate when it gives two extra quotes.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
poorna.ds
Participant

Re: issue on doublle quotes

Post by poorna.ds »

priyadarshikunal wrote:
poorna.ds wrote:Hi,
"aaaa,bbbb,cccc,dddd"
Can somebody help me?
first tell us how you are trying to concatanate when it gives two extra quotes.

The column is concatenated as below:
Quote:Lnk_aaaa:delimiter:quote
and so on for every column.
But somehow it is not working. Can you suggest some me some other approach if you have any idea.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

For that approach to work, sounds like you'll need to ensure your record string has all the proper quotes and delimiters in place when you send the string to the container, and then tell it to write to the reject file without adding any new quotes to the record. Do this by setting the "quote" property on the output Sequential stage to "000" to mean none.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers