Unable to read higher volume of record with ODBC(Sql server)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Have you confirmed a timeout issue or is it just a belief? I for one haven't heard of a "3 minute timeout" - a 3 minute egg, sure, but timeouts are usually more in the 30 to 60 minute range. IMHO, 3 would just be crazy and would affect more than this one job. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
satya99
Participant

Post by satya99 »

Create Multiple Instance job

ODBC--->Transformer|---->Hashed File1
satya
Sandeep.pendem
Participant

Post by Sandeep.pendem »

[quote="chulett"]Have you [b]confirmed[/b] a timeout issue or is it just a belief? I for one haven't heard of a "3 minute timeout" - a 3 minute egg, sure, but timeouts are usually more in the 30 to 60 minute range. IMHO, 3 would just be crazy and would affect more than this one job. :?[/quote]

Yes, Its timeout issue since most of our jobs which are reading data from ODBC stage(Sql server 2005) are unable to run after 3-4 mins time. so potentially this is a timeout issue.

We are using ODBC driver version 4.2 with sql server 2005.

Thanks
Sandeep.pendem
Participant

Post by Sandeep.pendem »

[quote="Sandeep.pendem"][quote="chulett"]Have you [b]confirmed[/b] a timeout issue or is it just a belief? I for one haven't heard of a "3 minute timeout" - a 3 minute egg, sure, but timeouts are usually more in the 30 to 60 minute range. IMHO, 3 would just be crazy and would affect more than this one job. :?[/quote]

Yes, Its timeout issue since most of our jobs which are reading data from ODBC stage(Sql server 2005) are unable to run after 3-4 mins time. so potentially this is a timeout issue.

Thanks[/quote]

Does anyone has any thoughts on what change we should make inorder to get rid of this timeout stuff? I understand that there are lot of other solutions to overcome this problem, but the point here is its a simple sql query which would be commonly used with joins,etc. the datastage not handling the timeout is something which we want to resolve ..Any help is highly appreciated
Sandeep.pendem
Participant

Post by Sandeep.pendem »

[quote="Sandeep.pendem"][quote="chulett"]Have you [b]confirmed[/b] a timeout issue or is it just a belief? I for one haven't heard of a "3 minute timeout" - a 3 minute egg, sure, but timeouts are usually more in the 30 to 60 minute range. IMHO, 3 would just be crazy and would affect more than this one job. :?[/quote]

Thanks[/quote]

Does anyone has any thoughts on what change we should make inorder to get rid of this timeout stuff? I understand that there are lot of other solutions to overcome this problem, but the point here is its a simple sql query which would be commonly used with joins,etc. the datastage not handling the timeout is something which we want to resolve ..Any help is highly appreciated