Permissions to groups

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

saikrishna
Participant

Permissions to groups

Post by saikrishna »

Hi

We have installed DS 7.5.2 on Linux box.
Created a project "DSPractice". Defaultly, all the unix groups are having equal role, i.e. DataStage developer.

A user "x" with group "users" is having "DataStage developer" role is not able to open the job from manager.
It is giving the following error.

Error calling subroutine: DSR_PROJECT (Action=17); check DataStage is set up correctly in project DSPractice
(Subroutine failed to complete successfully (30107))

NOTE: with that user, after giving userid and password, i can select the projects from drop down list..but cannot open the manager for that project.

A user "y" with group "dsadm" having same "DataStage deveoper" role is able to open the project from manager.

I went through the documentation, it said that if a group have the the role, then the users in that group should access that project.

Can you help me why user "x" is not able to open the project.

Thanks
Sai
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There are many possible reasons, not just permissions, that might cause this symptom. Search the forum for the error code 30107 to see if that sheds any light on why your problem may have occurred.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sunayan_pal
Participant

Post by sunayan_pal »

One thing that can be done is

the user id of that person can be mapped with another userid who is able to access the job./ projects properly.
regards
sunayan
balajisr
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by balajisr »

All datastage users should belong to the same group. Is this in your case?
sunayan_pal
Participant

Post by sunayan_pal »

The user must be a member of the dstage group

or take a member user id who are able to execute successfully
see which all group he had been assigned in that server. Assigned the group it him. it will work.
regards
sunayan
saikrishna
Participant

Post by saikrishna »

I would like to know whether only dstage or dsadm group users can access the DataStage or
Any person whose group is given role as "DataStage developer" in administrator can access?

Thanks
Sai
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Any member of the group associated with the DataStage developer role can access DataStage. What they can actually do can be controlled with operating system permissions.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.