Error writing to ROOT

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gomez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Error writing to ROOT

Post by gomez »

Hi:
When I make changes to a one particular job and save the changes, I get the message

Code: Select all

Error writing to ROOT
This prevents me from saving changes. I deleted the job and imported from backup. I still get the error.
Has anybody come across this error? Appreciate any suggestions on why this is happening and how to fix this.

Thanks!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You need to check permissions both in the project directory and also in the XMETA database.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ag_ram »

ray.wurlod wrote:You need to check permissions both in the project directory and also in the XMETA database.

Can you please let me know how this would be the cause of the error, if it happened to be in a particular Job.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

ROOT refers to a record in DS_JOBOBJECTS table in the local (project) repository and in the equivalent table (whatever it's called) in the XMETA common metadata database.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
deanwalker
Participant

Post by deanwalker »

I suggest you check the WAS logs for errors, you may find something relevant to this job. I believe that the XMETA representation of the job has become corrupt, and that you will need help from your support provider to remove the job from XMETA, and restore from a backup.
gomez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by gomez »

Thanks everyone. I checked the WAS system logs (SystemOut.log and SystemErr.log) and I dont find any entries relating to this Condition. In fact there are no Error entries in the log around the time I had this error coming up. I shall check back with IBM support as you had suggested and post the response here. Thanks once again!