Accessing MS Access database through datastage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Accessing MS Access database through datastage

Post by nash »

Is there a way to access data from a MS Access database in DataStage version 7.5 or more?
Nash
gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Accessing MS Access database through datastage

Post by gateleys »

nash wrote:Is there a way to access data from a MS Access database in DataStage version 7.5 or more?
Since you are on Unix, you will have to check for 3rd party tool for connectinto MS Access.

You may want to save the data in a .csv file.

If you could associate the access .mdb file to a SQL Server, then you could use the ODBC provided for SQL Server.
gateleys
nash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nash »

gateleys wrote:
nash wrote:Is there a way to access data from a MS Access database in DataStage version 7.5 or more?
Since you are on Unix, you will have to check for 3rd party tool for connectinto MS Access.

You may want to save the data in a .csv file.

If you could associate the access .mdb file to a SQL Server, then you could use the ODBC provided for SQL Server.
Yes, I already knew we can alternatively access through a .csv file. But when I went through the available documentation there was nothing mentioned about MsAccess specifically even though they had mentioned about drivers for dBase , FoxPro, text files, etc.
As you have mentioned how do I associate a MSAccess database to a SQL sever
Nash
gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by gateleys »

nash wrote:As you have mentioned how do I associate a MSAccess database to a SQL sever
I am not sure exactly how it is done, although I have heard it being done. I would think it is a valid question for your DBA. Please do share with us if he/she has a solution.
gateleys
nash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nash »

gateleys wrote:
nash wrote:As you have mentioned how do I associate a MSAccess database to a SQL sever
I am not sure exactly how it is done, although I have heard it being done. I would think it is a valid question for your DBA. Please do share with us if he/she has a solution.
I just browsed through the MSDN and found this link little useful

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms175866.aspx.

You can also go through this. Thanks for your help
Nash
gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by gateleys »

You can also check out OBDC drivers for Unix plaforms to connect to SQL Server from DataDirect -

http://www.datadirect.com/downloads/index.ssp#1
gateleys