job locked, clean up resources not working

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ssh023
Participant

job locked, clean up resources not working

Post by ssh023 »

Hi,

I have a problem accessing a folder in the DataStage Director. The job in that folder seems to have been locked and I am not able to log out the process using the clean up resources option. I've even tried DS.TOOLS from the administrator, even that doesn't help :( . I cannot access any of the jobs in that particular folder where the locked job is located, the director just hangs when I try doing that. I can access the jobs from the designer but not the locked out job (gives out a message saying 'job being accessed by another user'). I tried searching on this but couldn't find much, Any ideas?
Regards,
ssh023
attu
Participant

Post by attu »

did you try unlocking it from TCL prompt, using ds-tools.
rodre
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rodre »

Try login into the Server, if you can, and try doing it there. It usually works for us that way.....
ssh023
Participant

Post by ssh023 »

Can you please throw more light on doing this using TCL DS.TOOLS? I have never done this using TCL before. Is there anyway I can do it besides logigng into the Server? Please help
Regards,
ssh023
sreeni
Participant

Post by sreeni »

Restart the datastage server and try to open your Jobs.
jshurak
Participant

Post by jshurak »

There is a FAQ that may help. Here is the viewtopic.php?t=95371
vivekgadwal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: job locked, clean up resources not working

Post by vivekgadwal »

ssh023 wrote:Hi,

I have a problem accessing a folder in the DataStage Director. The job in that folder seems to have been locked and I am not able to log out the process using the clean up resources option. I've even tried DS.TOOLS from the administrator, even that doesn't help :( . I cannot access any of the jobs in that particular folder where the locked job is located, the director just hangs when I try doing that. I can access the jobs from the designer but not the locked out job (gives out a message saying 'job being accessed by another user'). I tried searching on this but couldn't find much, Any ideas?
Did you try the following:
1. Login to the Datastage server and do LIST.READU
2. Note the 'Userno'
3. Do: UNLOCK USER <Userno> ALL

This should work. Else, note the PID for the job in LIST.READU and do DS.TOOLS...option 5...then option 7...then enter PID at the prompt and this should help clear out the lock.
Vivek Gadwal

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
vivekgadwal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: job locked, clean up resources not working

Post by vivekgadwal »

ssh023 wrote:Hi,

Did you try the following:
1. Login to the Datastage server and do LIST.READU
2. Note the 'Userno'
3. Do: UNLOCK USER <Userno> ALL

This should work. Else, note the PID for the job in LIST.READU and do DS.TOOLS...option 5...then option 7...then enter PID at the prompt and this should help clear out the lock.
Vivek Gadwal

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
ssh023
Participant

Post by ssh023 »

Thanks all for the reply, I tried doing the LIST.READU option by logging out the 'USERNO' from the DS Server and also the DS.TOOLS option to log out the pid# related to that particular job. Both the options do not work. I tried getting the status of all the processes for the job using DS.TOOLS. It gives out a message like this....

cannot open executable job file RT_CONFIG
cannot get any status for the job
cannot find any process numbers for the stages in the job

I couldnt figure out the bug from the above three messages, please help....
Regards,
ssh023
ssh023
Participant

Post by ssh023 »

Thanks all for the reply, I tried doing the LIST.READU option by logging out the 'USERNO' from the DS Server and also the DS.TOOLS option to log out the pid# related to that particular job. Both the options do not work. I tried getting the status of all the processes for the job using DS.TOOLS. It gives out a message like this....

cannot open executable job file RT_CONFIG
cannot get any status for the job
cannot find any process numbers for the stages in the job

I couldnt figure out the bug from the above three messages, please help....
Regards,
ssh023
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Has the job been deleted? Can you find it in any of the clients? Try re-compiling the job (which may not work). Try running the DS.REINDEX ALL command when you have exclusive access to the project - it may be that the CATEGORY index on DS_JOBS and/or DS_JOBOBJECTS needs to be rebuilt.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ssh023
Participant

Post by ssh023 »

Thanks Ray, I re-indexed the project when I had exclusive access and the job got deleted as a result of that. Is this how the DS.REINDEX works? Does it delete all the corrupted jobs?
Regards,
ssh023
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I suspect that the job itself had been deleted but the index(es) had not been updated. DS.REINDEX does not remove deleted jobs from the Repository, but will remove out-of-date references to deleted jobs from Repository indexes.

The command to remove partially deleted jobs is DS.CHECKER.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.