Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Seya
Participant

Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in stage

Post by Seya »

I have a job that loads two columns from an OCI stage directly without any transformation into a hash file.The source tabel has around 2.8 million records.The job runs fine without any warnings in the DEV environment but it fails with a warning as below in UAT:

Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in stage HL_Tbdwhapp20_Prop_H..Src_Tbdwhapp20_Prop

The source table is from the same database for both DEV and UAT.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Reset the job in the director and look at the entry labelled "from previous run..."; if the problem is still unclear please post that message contents here.

Does the job abort right away or after running a while and do you have different ulimit or uvconfig settings between dev and prod?
Akumar1
Participant

Post by Akumar1 »

Hi,
request you to send some more logs for the same.

Regards,
Akumar1
Seya
Participant

Post by Seya »

Yes, i have tried to reset the job and run but i still get the same warning. The log job is as below :
-Starting Job HL_Tbdwhapp20_Prop_H.
raDbOraDSN = SFWHSE
raDbOraUsername = sfdcetluser
raDbOraPassword = ********
HshFilePath = /Data/SFDCUAT/hash/

-Environment variable settings:

-HL_Tbdwhapp20_Prop_H..Xfn: DSD.StageRun Active stage starting, tracemode

-HL_Tbdwhapp20_Prop_H..Src_Tbdwhapp20_Prop: SELECT APP_ID, APP_CD_PIGGY_IND FROM ALSADMIN.TBDWHAPP20

-HL_Tbdwhapp20_Prop_H..Hash_Tbdwhapp20_Prop.Out_Tbdwhapp20: Write caching disabled

-Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in stage HL_Tbdwhapp20_Prop_H..Src_Tbdwhapp20_Prop

ArndW wrote:Reset the job in the director and look at the entry labelled "from previous run..."; if the problem is still unclear please post that message contents here.

Does the job abort right away or after r ...
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Seya - please re-read what I requested.
Seya
Participant

Post by Seya »

After resetting the job the

From previous run shows the follwoing messages:

DataStage Job 45 Phantom 958

Program "DSD.StageRun": Line 657, COMMON size mismatch in subroutine "DSP.Close".

Program "DSD.StageRun": Line 657, Unable to load file "DSP.Close".

Program "DSD.StageRun": Line 657, Unable to load subroutine.

Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in stage HL_Tbdwhapp20_Prop_H..Src_Tbdwhapp20_Prop

Program "DSD.OnAbort": Line 164, COMMON size mismatch in subroutine "DSP.Close".

Program "DSD.OnAbort": Line 164, Unable to load file "DSP.Close".

Program "DSD.OnAbort": Line 164, Unable to load subroutine.

ArndW wrote:Saya - please re-read what I requested. ...
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I think you might have imported the job and binary from your development machine and that is at a different rellevel than UAT. Recompile the job in UAT and consider upgrading whichever machine is at a lower version.
Seya
Participant

Post by Seya »

I have tried that too but i get the same warning as beofre.I tired to run this job with the sequential file as target for 2.8 million records, and i still get the same warning.

When I reduce the number of records by applying a filter in the soucre and it seems to work fine.The problem i am assuming might be becos of the large number of records.
ArndW wrote:I think you might have imported the job and binary from your development machine and that is at a different rellevel than UAT. Recompile the job in UAT and consider upgrading whichever machine is at a ...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DSP.Close is an internal DataStage function. If there's a COMMON mismatch either you've got your own routine(s) that have happened upon one of the names used for named COMMON area in DSP.Close or, more likely, there's a bug which you need to report to IBM through your support provider.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.