Job in Running State

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

chulett wrote:Then you need to ascertain what changed yesterday. If not the job iteself, then what in the job's environment? Obviously, something did - the hard part can be figuring out what.
Ah... so it's only advice worth putting effort into when it comes from Ray, eh? :? :lol:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
abhilashnair
Participant

Post by abhilashnair »

chulett wrote:
chulett wrote:Then you need to ascertain what changed yesterday. If not the job iteself, then what in the job's environment? Obviously, something did - the hard part can be figuring out what.
Ah... so it's only advice worth putting effort into when it comes from Ray, eh? :? :lol:
Hey Chulett, it is not like that...No offence meant by me...but the last thing we can think of is what you said at the outset itself i.e. env being corrupt..Anyway here it has happend..What caused such a serious error...I thought DS was quite stable tool and on top of it it is set up on UNIX platform.

Anyways....any solutions...we have 200 odd jobs in this env...will it all go for a toss...I dread even thinking of it :(
hema arvind
Participant

Post by hema arvind »

Hi Abhilash,

If no other option works, try releasing the job from manager.

Go to DS Manager.select the job,click on Tools -> release job

this would create a replica of the job.

we had it worked out when we faced the same problem.

just try out !!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's quite possible - likely even - that the difference is not in DataStage at all - it might be in the target database, or in the way that LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set up, or all kinds of things. More detective work is required.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
abhilashnair
Participant

Post by abhilashnair »

The whole project had to be exported and then reimported back. Luckily we lost no jobs in the process.

What caused this no one knows still? :(