Delete specific records from hashfile / hashed-file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There will be reclaimable space, but it will not be reclaimed - it can be re-used, as it is marked as "free", but the physical size of a hashed file never reduces until and unless a RESIZE operation is performed.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
JITeam
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JITeam »

Hi All,
Posting it here as its the appropriate thread. I need to delete specific data from Hashed File, so my design looks like

DRS(Dummy)-----Xfm (Get Key as param)---UV Stage

In the UV stage the SQL for userd efined is

DELETE FROM LOG_HF WHERE (Key = ?);

The job finishes without warnings but the data in the Hashed file is not deleted. This Hashed file is created in the default directory with out mentioning any path in the first place, any help pls?

Thanks,
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It really is a different question warranting a separate thread. Is there a message logged showing what the UV stage has done? What is the data type of the Key column?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
JITeam
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JITeam »

Hi Ray,

Got it to work, if pased from teh transformer as parameter it was not working, now I select it in the source from dual table and it works !

Thanks