Column order changes after restarting DS Services

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sreesuku2
Participant

Column order changes after restarting DS Services

Post by sreesuku2 »

Hi,

I am facing a strange issue.

After restarting the Datastage services in the server, I found that the order in which I have arranged the column in DS Transformer seems to have changed. Note sure how many days the updates are getting backdated.

One day before the services restart, I had changed the column order for 3 columns by moving them as the last 3 columns in transformer. These columns were in the middle earlier. Now after restart, those columns were again gone back to the middle.
Similarly, I had created a stage variable as the last one. Then I changed its order to first one. After restart this stage variable has taken its old position.

I am sure, I had saved these jobs, compiled and executed before the services restart.

These are services which got restarted

DataStage Multi-Client Manager Service (ASCLCSSrv)
DataStage Telnet Service (dstelnet)
IBM WebSphere Application Server V7.0 - <Machine name>

Not sure If I am missing something here. Please guide

- Sree
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Does the order actually matter?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sreesuku2
Participant

Post by sreesuku2 »

In one of the scenarios, I am writing the transformer output to a Sequential file which I am using to load in the another Database, in that case order does matter.

In the case of stage variables, this one is a calculated one which derives its values from some of the following stage variables. So it has to be placed after those (At the end)
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Coloumn order changes after restarting DS Services

Post by chulett »

sreesuku2 wrote:I am sure, I had saved these jobs, compiled and executed before the services restart.
Me... not sure at all. There's no way for them to revert back to a state before your change unless you didn't actually save them.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Coloumn order changes after restarting DS Services

Post by qt_ky »

chulett wrote:There's no way for them to revert back to a state before your change unless you didn't actually save them.
...unless you are on version 8.5... :?

JR39833: COLUMN ORDER IN TRANSFORMER NOT MAINTAINED AFTER SAVING THE JOB

See Also: Superceded by patch JR39983.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Wow... ok. :roll:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sreesuku2
Participant

Post by sreesuku2 »

I am on 8.5

So installation of IBM InfoSphere Information Server, Version 8.5 Fix Pack 2
would fix this issue ?
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Yes, or install 8.5 Fix Pack 3 which would include the fixes in Fix Pack 2 also. Install on all server and client tiers.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius